What is Bronc Day
Bronc Day is fun! It began on July 1, 1939. It continued unabated as an annual tradition—the women of the town kept it going through the tumultuous years of the 2nd World War—until today’s 81st celebration. As it does today, the first celebration was highlighted by a parade including horses, clowns, and parade dignitaries. As the years rolled by and the celebration gained momentum, businesses entered the parade. Then came food vendors, artisans and craftsmen, children’s games, trophy contests, musicians, and other friends were added to the fun. This 81st annual Bronc Day promises to be the biggest and best yet.
81 Years of Community Spirit and Fun
Join an 81-year family-friendly annual tradition July 27th, 2019 at Gazebo Park in Green Mountain Falls Colorado with just a short, scenic drive up Hwy 24 from Colorado Springs.
The Bronc Day Parade
Parade Theme: An All American Bronc Day: Celebrating the Red, White and Blue. The Parade begins staging at 9:00am and starts at 10:00am.
Here’s an idea: put your family in the parade! Yes, entry is free whether you are entering a full-on float, a troupe, or your friends and family (don’t forget the dogs). A full list of trophies and categories can be seen on the Parade Entry Form page, but here are a few to jump-start your creative juices:
- Best Dressed Cowboy and Cowgirl, plus best costume for an Individual
- Best Dressed Group (8 or more)
- Best Dressed Pet
- Best Decorated Bicycle or Tricycle (even a Unicycle if you have that talent)
- Best Float, Antique Car, plus Best Dressed Horse and Rider or Horse Drawn Rig
As you see, the parade can be a hands-on-affair for you, your family, or your business*.
*A NOTE TO BUSINESSES: Not only does the parade put your business or service before hundreds of potential local customers, but you are being introduced to them at no cost and in the best possible fun and family friendly light.
Save The Date
Put Saturday, July 27th, 2019 on your summer planning calendar and join in a day of family fun, great entertainment, and sinfully delicious—think shaved ice, giant turkey legs, and ice cream—festival food. Dress your kids to have fun. It all starts about 10:00am with the Parade. (For the locals or early-birds there is a pancake breakfast at the Green Mountain Falls/Chipita Park Volunteer Fire-station at 7:30) You can come up early also to take advantage of the beautiful hiking, fishing, and biking opportunities Green Mountain Falls has to offer. If you live a little too far away for a comfortable morning drive, check out some of the wonderful cabins, hotels, and B&Bs available in the Ute Pass Area. The event, Parade, and parking are free. The pancake breakfast is on a donation basis to support the Fire station. Make plans to join us on July 27th, 2019 at Gazebo Park.
Vendors and Entertainment
Regional artists and artisans, local and traveling musicians and entertainers, and a full array of it-just-tastes-better-outside food vendors** will fill the area around Gazebo Lake from 10am to 3pm. You absolutely will not go un-tempted—the food and shopping—nor un-entertained at this year’s 81th Bronc Day Festival
**A NOTE TO VENDORS AND ARTISANS: Check out the Vendor Booth section and form early. Our spaces fill up quickly. Booth prices begin as low as $45 for Early-Bird-Sign-up. Contact one of the 81st Annual Bronc Day Committee Members listed below for details.
Pie, Cake & Cookie Contest
By participating in this event, entrants agree:
- To abide by the contest rules and decisions of the judges, and
- To allow organizers to publish photographs of them and their pies.
How to Enter
- Contestants may enter no more than one baked good in each category. Multiple entries per person are allowed, but must be in different categories.
- A separate entry form and a list of ingredients must accompany each baked good entry (recipes will not be shared, ingredients are to be shared only if customers have specific allergies.)
- Complete and submit an entry form for each baked good to the baked goods tent (in Gazebo Lake Park at the end of Lake St) by 11:00am on Bronc Day (Saturday, July 27, 2019.)
- Each baked good entered must be in the name of the person who made it.
- Individual entries only, no place of business or retail/dining establishment may enter.
- Pies – includes fruit, nut, cream, custard or chocolate pies. Please no savory pies.
- Cookies & Brownies
- Cakes & Cupcakes
Judging and Prizes
A panel of judges from the community will judge the entries. This is a blind judging, and all decisions of the judges are final. Winners will be announced after the judging is complete. Please consider the light-hearted intention of the day and accept the final decisions of the judging panel.
- All baked goods must be submitted between 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM the day of the contest (Saturday, July 27).
- There will be a minimum of 3 judges, and baked goods will be evaluated by entrant number only (no names).
- Judging criteria will include overall appearance and taste. Note that container will not be considered a part of the presentation, (please use a disposable container).
- Scoring: Each judge will assign a numerical value (1-5) in each category without discussion among judges. The baked good receiving the highest total numerical value will be the winner in that category. In the case of a tie, the judges will review and discuss those baked goods before a second vote.
- Judges will not know the names of entrants until the winners are announced.
- Winners in each category will receive prize ribbons.
- All winners will be announced after the judging.
- At the conclusion of the event, all baked goods will be sold. Proceeds from the sale of baked goods will benefit Bronc Day and the entrants will not receive any compensation for their entries.
- WINNERS will be photographed and announced on Bronc Day’s social media sites.
Vendors rent a 10’x10′ space from the Bronc Day Committee at Gazebo Lake Park (6970 Lake Street, GMF CO 80819). Set-up will begin at 7:00am. The festival will run from 9:00am to 3:00pm with tear-down ending at 4pm. No electricity is available and no stakes are allowed. Vendors must provide all decorations, tables, and equipment necessary to run the booth. Vendors are responsible for any required permits, licenses, or taxes required by the city, county or state. The Bronc Day Committee is permitted to take photographs of the booths and vendors and use these photographs for advertisement or promotion purposes.
2019 Booth Fees
Early bird pricing (Before June 1st): $45.00 for Standard Booth ($45.00 for Food Booth)
On time pricing (June 1st to July 15th): $50.00 for Standard Booth ($50.00 for Food Booth)
Late pricing (After July 15th): $60.00 for Standard Booth ($60.00 for Food Booth)